Natural Touch Therapy Coronavirus policy
This policy outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- Identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus.
- Think about who could be at risk.
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- Act to remove the activity or situation, or if this is not possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- Asking clients to complete and return a pre-treatment liability form before every treatment
- Checking my own temperature daily and client’s temperature as they arrive for their appointment
- Monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self-isolate.
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which include:
- Washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any non-porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll.
- Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising.
- Removal of non-essential items such as leaflets, pricelists and magazines.
- No refreshments will be available however clients are permitted to bring their own.
- 2m social distancing will be adhered to where possible before and after treatment (1m with risk management).
- Cashless payments are encouraged where possible. This can be made by PayPal, direct bank transfer (prior to your appointment) or contactless payment/card reader.
- Client appointments will be time restricted to a maximum of 45 minutes and will be limited to 4 per day with at least 30 minutes between appointments to allow time to clean and sanitise the treatment area.
- Clients are discouraged from touching door handles and surfaces where possible once they have entered the treatment room to minimise contamination.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment. Treatment times will be restricted to a maximum of 45 minutes therefore where possible consultations will be carried out digitally prior to your appointment or online using a quick tick box system and electronic tablet that will be sanitised before and after each client.
Clients are requested to attend their appointment alone and with minimal possessions. Use of mobile phone during your appointment time is discouraged.
During client appointments I will be wearing a face shield and depending on the treatment an additional face mask. Other PPE such as disposable gloves and aprons may be utilised and are treatment dependent.
Clients are requested to wear a face mask for their appointment.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
Track and Trace
Confidential client details are already taken and processed under the GDPR regulations as procedure however during this current situation each clients name and contact details will be documented and held for 21 days under the Track and Trace regulations so that they can be contacted if necessary.
For more information…
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact me at: 07742430144 / firstname.lastname@example.org